I found this week’s lecture by Dr. Williams to be very informational. Not only did it show me what I should be accomplishing on my blogs, but it also gave me a look into what I should expect for the rest of the course. I thought it was very helpful that she put student’s blogs up as an example of what we should be writing.
I was also confused about the requirements for the E portfolio. I wasn’t sure when we would be working on them or what would be included. I thought that it was extremely helpful that Dr. Williams went over all of the information so that I would not have to guess what is expected of me. I like that we are going to get plenty of time in class to work on the project so that we don’t have to worry about the conflicting schedules of all of our group members.
Another thing that I found extremely helpful was the fact that Dr. Williams took the time to explain the proper components of research. Although I have done other research projects in the past, I have never had such a thorough template of what should be incorporated. I had also never heard of a Lit review. Because Dr. Williams showed us a mock portfolio, I was able to visualize exactly how she wanted thing s to be done and could begin to form some ideas for my future group research. I truly think I am beginning to see the importance of freshman seminar. Not only does it inform me about my rich history and inspire me to do great things, it gives me the tools I need to do those things.
by Lauren Bolden
No comments:
Post a Comment